Ramgati Upazila is an Upazila of Lakshmipur District in the Division of Chittagong, Bangladesh. It is located at 22.6500°N 92.1833°E. It is bounded by Lakshmipur sadar on the north, Hatiya on the south, Noakhali sadar on the east, Daulatkhan and Tazumuddin on the west. Ramgati Thana was established in 1862 and was turned into an upazila in 1983. According to local old wise-men, there was a person called Ramkrishno who had a Godi in this area. Eventually, this area was named after his Godi.
Total Area: 347 sq. km
Population (total): around 240,000
Population Density: 660 per sq. km
Total Unions: 8 (চর বাদাম, চর পোড়াগাছা, আলেকজান্ডার, চর আব্দুল, চর আলগী, চর রমিজ, বড়খেরী, চরগাজী)
Government Hospital: 1
Post Offices: 11
Hat Bazaar: 14 (Alexandar hat, Hazir hat, Karunanagar hat, Char Laurence hat, Torabganj hat, Ramgati hat, Zamindar hat, Bibir hat, Karaitala hat, etc.)
Literacy: avg. 19.75%
Govt. Primary School: 91
Rivers: Meghna, Bhulua, Katakhali, and Jalsia.