Cox’s Bazar Sadar
Cox’s Bazar Sadar is an Upazila under Cox’s Bazar District in the Division of Chittagong, Bangladesh. It is located at 21.4500° North 91.9833° East. It is bounded by Chakaria on the north, Bay of bengal andRamu on the south, Ramu on the east, Maheshkhali, Maheshkhali channel and Bay of Bengal on the west. Cox’s Bazar municipality was constituted in 1869 and was transformed into a town committee in 1959. The town committee was again changed by municipality in 1972 and it was promoted to B-grade in 1989. The municipality consists of an area of 6.85 sq. km along with 27 mahallas and 9 wards; population is nearly 61000.
Area: 228.23 sq. km
Population (around): 260,000
Population Density: 1112 per sq. km
Total Unions: 10
Total Mouzas: 37
Literacy rate: 32.40%
Hat Bazaars: Bangla Bazar, Chawfaldandi Bazar, Idgah Bazar, Time Bazar, etc.
Interesting Places: Single-domed mosque at Jhilangja union.